How to Stop Nausea With Peppermint Essential Oil

If you mention peppermint, many people immediately think of candy canes or after-dinner mints. There isn't any real peppermint oil in those, but the thought of peppermint for digestion is there. They do however contain sugar which will make some stomach problems worse.

I personally like putting a drop of peppermint in my water at restaurants. It helps digest food and is better that most of the other beverage options. I will also put a tiny bit on my tongue to freshen breath instead of mints or gum. And a bonus is that it will curb the appetite.

Peppermint is a powerful essential oil that has antiviral and antibacterial properties. One drop of peppermint oil is equal to 26 cups of peppermint tea. Powerful indeed! It's ability to stop nausea from stomach up set or indigestion is well-known and is amazing to me. And a cup of this tea in the afternoon on a cold day can be a needed pick-me-up!

Our grandsons have had nausea from a stomach virus in the past and peppermint helped stop it in no time. For very young children you would want to dilute it 50/50 with either olive oil or a good organic vegetable oil. It can be applied to the bottoms of the feet.

Have you ever had motion sickness of any kind? I use to get car sick a lot, especially if I rode in the back seat. I sure wish I had peppermint oil back then. Just inhaling it will stop nausea most of the time. Rarely would you have to apply it topical. I carry a bottle with me all the time. You never know when you or someone with you will need it. I have also took family members home from the hospital feeling like they are going to lose their cookies and peppermint kept that from happening.

Morning sickness is no fun either. I had that when I was pregnant with my first baby. Not only did I have the typical morning sickness, but I was working in a hospital sterilizing surgical instruments and the solution was making me very nauseous. There again, I wish I had peppermint oil. Inhaling it or applying to the bottoms of my feet would have been excellent.

Peppermint essential oil can also relieve the symptoms, including nausea, of IBS and Crohn's. If you have ever been somewhere besides home and get an attack of IBS, peppermint can be a blessing.

This essential oil is not only good for stomach and digestive problems, but for many other things as well, such as headaches, fever, memory, energy, sinus congestion, pain relief, itching and more. It is a very versatile oil.

Carol is an essential oil educator and a certified reflexologist. As a distributor of Young Living Essential Oils, she teaches the importance of using genuine, authentic essential oils for health and healing. She has been an advocate of natural health and wellness for the past 35 years. Among the things she has studied includes, the use essential oils, iridology, muscle testing, nutrition, tapping and other forms of energy medicine.

For more information and tips about Young Living Essential Oils, visit http://younglivingoils4life.com/ and get my Free Report, 7 Days of 7 Oils That Will Change Your Life!


Original article

No comments:

Blog Archive