Jitterbug Perfume

"Subatomic particles apparently de- and rematerialize fairly routinely...some of them actually can be in two places at once. Their freedom from the normal confines of the space time continuum is thought to be the result of a weird electricity, an intelligent, creative, playful, and unpredictable interaction among oppositely charged entities in motion."

"When interrogated about how they can walk through flames without being burned, 'primitives' have conveyed to anthropologists that they raise the vibratory level of their flesh to equal that of the fire. In like manner, then, an adept might raise-or lower- his or her vibratory rate to match that of another dimension, thereby disappearing from our customary universe and popping up in the other: dematerialization."

Tom Robbins

It began for me in 1984, when the book Jitterbug Perfume was first released. I remember falling in love with Tom Robbins writing, and soon devoured most of his books. Honestly, I had forgotten the story for many years, but late last summer, a very dear friend, my twin, with whom I have practiced lucid dreaming and time travel, (which is quite another story) called me up and said, "Have you read Jitterbug Perfume lately?"

I said "No, I haven't read it for years and years."

He replied, "Get the book and read it, it is our story."

So I purchased the book, packed it in my suitcase and set off for Santa Fe to study with one of the world's leading distillers of essential oils.

The first day of the workshop, the distiller said, "If you never read another book about essential oils, the only book you have to read is Jitterbug Perfume."

You might be thinking, as I did, this is a sign, for sitting in my backpack was the book, longing for my attention.

I never did get the chance to read it on that trip, but came home and was immediately absorbed by the book. The more I read, the more I was moved, commanded, impulsed and compelled to begin a quest to make this aromatic elixir.

I marched into Farmer and the Cook, our local farm to table restaurant and organic food store, where I sought out the farmer, Steve Sprinkel, synchronistically finding him in his office.

"Steve," I said, "I need beet pollen." (Beet pollen being one of the main ingredients in Jitterbug Perfume).

Steve laughed and looked up, "Jitterbug Perfume!"

"Yes," I replied, "how did you know??"

"I remember the book..." he said "I have just planted beets and you can have a couple of rows. They must vernalize in order to set flowers, so by next year, you will have pollen."

So I went out to the farm and began to commune with my beets, anxiously awaiting the coming Winter and subsequent Spring and the coming of beet flowers. I spent many afternoons watching those beets grow, and finally in mid March, the first flowers set. I went out one day and the aroma of beet flowers was wafting through the warm Spring day.

Now for those of you who have not experienced the smell of beet flowers, it is not a particularly lovely smell, but rather a musky, goaty, smell that on occasion gave off the odor of old dirty socks. Lovely you say, no, not lovely, but very earthy, primal.

The beet flowers instructed me in how to harvest, I was never in charge, they were the teacher all along. I spent the next 5 months visiting the farm twice weekly, spending hours harvesting beet pollen and flowers to make the fabled Jitterbug Perfume.

If you have not read the book, you might consider picking up a copy, it is a marvelous read, and in it you will learn that it is a book about immortality and time travel, with Jitterbug Perfume being the main ingredient for both of those adventures.

I was driven to make this perfume and contacted Tom Robbins, after sleuthing out his address, and told him, that as eccentric as I might be, I believed with all of my heart, that Jitterbug Perfume was true, it was real, and that I was endeavoring to make the perfume, as I was, and am now even more so, convinced it was a tool for time travel, an elixir of immortality, and would love to be able to call the resultant perfume, Jitterbug.

Much to my delight and surprise he wrote me back saying that even though the events in the book didn't actually happen it was indeed a true story and that I had his full permission to use the name Jitterbug Perfume if I was successful in my endeavor. Well, successful I was and then some!!

And so, under the dark of a New Moon in August, the first bottle was done. I shipped the first bottle to Mr. Robbins, and he was delighted and thrilled with it, telling me that I have indeed made he and his book proud!!

Jitterbug has given me very specific instructions in how it is to be used, and I have obeyed its every request. The experiences people are having continue to make me shake my head in absolute wonder and amazement.

It is definitely amrita for the olfactory system and an elixir of immortality. I will be reporting more as time goes along, but one thing Jitterbug has told me that it is not to be offered commercially, and it is my duty to prepare people to experience the perfume. Jitterbug seems to have a power and presence and knows exactly what each person needs and takes them where they need to go! I have been amazed at the power of this magical elixir!

I am the humble servant of Jitterbug Perfume and feel honored to be so!

Allison Stillman is a world renowned aromatic alchemist and the author of "The Sacred Art of Anointing".
She has been traveling the world sharing her passionate love for anointing with essential oils, teaching workshops and creating alchemical blends of anointing oils.
She has been featured in the book, "Love for No Reason" by Marci Shimoff, "More Hot Chocolate for the Mystical Soul" by Arielle Ford, and "Insights from the Coffeehouse" by Jonathon Collins, and has written numerous articles for magazines and newspapers.
She is currently at work creating a frankincense farm to protect and sustain the species for future generations.
You can reach Allison Stillman on her website:
http://www.romancingthedivine.com/


Original article

No comments: